Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pestique Furniture Store - Store Bio

     I started building furniture back in the summer of 2008, after trying (and failing) to find a bed i liked :)

     Once i got the 'bug' however, I wondered why I hadn't started years ago... Still, I had no notion of selling anything I made, being content to furnish my own house and give a few things away to friends..... who eventually persuaded me that I had something that could possibly sell :)

     I started with a small shop on a Christmas sim, with just a few items and a logo including a picture of my cat, Molly (who is now a Mike... long story!) When that sim closed I moved to my current location, basically i fell in love with the building... and have been here since.

     I mostly make furniture, of a more traditional kind, 4 post and brass beds, lounge suites, fireplaces.... it seemed like it was a specially long winter, so I cheered myself up by making some beach furniture :) I mostly work with normal prims, but I love sculptie cushions and beanbags. I like my furniture to work, wardrobe doors should open and taps should run (but never drip!) I love colours, lately I have been working with multiple texture options, my partner writes scripts and I have taken full advantage! (although he tells me he enjoys it as well!)

     I'm going to be making more room sets in future, co-coordinating and with texture-change options, and also more furniture for couples.... and of course, I'm always striving to make the perfect bath :) Its hard to predict what other people will like... but I don't build to 'sell' as much as for the fun of it.... and I just hope other people will enjoy my furniture as much as I enjoy making it :) I do love getting feedback from customers though, and indeed I have got some great input from them. My store group is simply named 'Pestique', I do have a subscribe-o-matic as well, and of course I sell on Xstreet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment