Thursday, March 5, 2009

RGK Custom Photo Services - Store Bio - Top 10 Q&A

1. Q. : What is your name & your shop's name?

     A. : My name is RaffiGirl Koffenbaum, and my shop is RGK Custom Photo Services.



2. Q. :
How long has the shop been open?

     A. : Around 3 months now



3. Q. :
What kind of things do you sell in your shop?

     A. : Anything that helps give people ways to use all the photos and textures they have in their inventory -- So, frames, picture projectors, jewelry and accessories with locket features to them. I also do novelty items -- for example, for Valentine's I made what I called "stalker glasses" as freebies. They were heart-shaped glasses that emitted images of loved ones that the customer loaded themselves into a note card.
I also do custom jewelry work, profile pics, portraits and wedding photography.

4. Q. : Do you make everything you sell or do you have a partner you create with?

     A. : I do the photography and actual building of products on my own, but my very good friend Tangodog Tomsen helps me a lot with scripts that you can't find ... one so far hehehe, but I always toss my scripting questions and issues his way. I couldn't do what I do without him.



5. Q. :
If you could be known for just one thing, what would that one thing be?

     A. : For creating unique items that give people fun, attractive ways to display their pictures, and also for creative, beautiful photos.



6. Q. :
Why did you start/open your business/shop?

     A. : I actually started my business because I love taking pics in SL. Sometimes I'll take them to PhotoShop to fiddle with, but I prefer trying to set all the setting here in-world. For profile pics and other photography, though, I'll take them to photoshop to do a little something with, and bring them back in-world. I love finding beautiful places in SL and taking pictures of them, and I also love taking pictures of avatars (usually my friends, but I love having any excuse to take pictures!) and showing their best features, their special events etc.
I would snap a few pics at friends' events and send them out as framed gifts etc., and my friends would tell me I should sell my work and have a business. So, I thought, why not? I was finding it hard to find business doing just photography though, so I wondered if things wouldn't go a bit better if I could tie it together with products that use photos that people take ... so, I made myself learn how to build (still learning!) and voilà! I'm having a lot of fun making things, building, and learning as a go along.


7. Q. : If you had to put a label on your brand, what would it be?

     A. : Photo Display Solutions and Custom Work. I know that's not one label, but it's the only way I could summarize it hehehehe.



8. Q. :
In the future, what can we expect to see coming into your store?

     A. : I have a lot of ideas that I'm trying to bring to fruition, but I want to do more with items that project images that users load into an item themselves -- and I don't mean slide show screens. I'll keep making fine jewelry and accessories like armbands, belts, chokers, and things that will make people smile.



9. Q. :
What age group do you gear your items to?

     A. : My jewelry and accessories are sized to fit adult avatars, but everything else is up for grabs. I have done portraits of women in *ahem* next to nothing that they wanted to have for their boyfriends, to wedding pictures and profile pics so ...
And lastly....

10. Q. : Do you have an Updates Group? If so, what is the title, or is it a subscription service?

     A. : Yes. RGK Custom Photo Services

No comments:

Post a Comment