Friday, March 6, 2009

Slow Rezz Café Antique and Curios Shop - Store Bio


My name is MincedMedia Clip – “Minced” to my friends or friends-to-be! I am a photo journalist and reporter in Second Life. As a writer, I cover topics I don't get to write about in real life. You can read some of my articles online at CNN iReport. When I’m not researching and writing about the virtual world, I host events and create beautiful things. My favorite place to create is Kataniya Springs by the Shore – my beautiful, serene parcel on the northeast corner of Athena Isle.


K-Springs is home to the
Slow Rezz Café– low prim antiques, art, Japanese screens, rugs, furniture, lamps
50 meter gallery – art exhibits
Shops at Kataniya Springs – holiday gifts, clothes and a games arcade


In the Slow Rezz Cafe, we host live music and comedy events. We are one of a handful of venues around the grid participating in the Virtually Funny Comedy Festival, March 13-14. The Slow Rezz will host Open Mic for aspiring SL comedians, comediennes and other knuckleheads.


While you're here, sneak a peek at my antiques in the back room of the Slow Rezz. I offer a variety of beautiful and unique Japanese screens, period furniture and unusual knick-knacks to decorate your home. Many of you have also seen my collectible line of cuddly teddy bears. For the winter holidays, I created the cutest Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa bears. For Valentine's Day, I made a darling fabric-covered bear holding a rosebud and box of chocolates. By the way, I love to make bears for selected charities in SL, and donate them for in-world fund-raising purposes. Contact me if you represent a charitable cause in-world.


I also build custom novelties. Most recently, I made a giant bowl of steaming oatmeal for the "Start with Substance" Quaker Oatmeal Inauguration Viewing Party at Athena Isle Headquarters held Tuesday, January 20. Event attendees touched the bowl for a free animated smaller bowl and spoon. Talk to me if you need something silly or unusual for an upcoming special event. I love challenges.

In the past few months, I’ve been focusing on creating my signature line of jewelry – the Minced Jewels Collection. This Valentine's Day, I released Birthstone Heirlooms. They're graceful vintage with a modern focus. For February, each piece in this elegant gemstone jewelry set – a double bracelet, hoop earrings and a ring – is 14K virtual gold, surrounded by diamonds and amethysts. Wear your favorite set of Minced Jewels to that next cocktail party, an in-world business meeting or around the grid when you want to show off. Other sets are coming!

Want to keep up to date? Join these in-world groups for notices and freebies.
Shops at Kataniya Springs
Slow Rezz Café
Too many groups? Follow us on Twitter.


Currently, we are fortunate to have two real life artists displaying their original works in K-Springs. In the Slow Rezz Café, our resident artist is southwest fine art painter JohnWatt Sass (John Watt in RL). In the 50 meter gallery, hovering just above the Café, our visiting artist is digital guru Ennui Nitschke (Kenneth Rougeau in RL). Be sure to view their amazing works.


In the Shops at Kataniya Springs, you'll find gifts and clothing at these fine stores:
Primp My Av
Holiday Cheers the Holiday Store
MIA Men’s Clothes
The Shoe House
Costume Craze the Costume Store

Thanks so much for stopping by the Slow Rezz in Kataniya Springs for the hunt. I hope to see you soon!

Take care,
"Minced"

Ms. MincedMedia Clip

No comments:

Post a Comment