Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Primagine

Hi, I´m Trixie Bumbo. Let me take a moment to introduce you to Primagine.

One day in the summer of 2007 I had some time to kill and was a bit bored, everyone was out doing vacation things and I was home alone (insert the Macauley Culkin imitation here). A friend was teaching a class on how to make belly rings and talked me into giving it a try. Despite the fact that I'd never so much as rezzed a prim I gave it a try and at the end of the hour was totally hooked on building. After taking a few more basic building classes I enrolled in an intensive jewelry making course and at the end of 18 weeks of blood, sweat and tears graduated with a Master Jewelers Diploma.

Trixie's Treasures was opened in November, 2007 on a small parcel on the Arginutti sim. I was still trying to find my niche, working hard to make jewelry that was versatile yet could be a staple of a girls wardrobe. March, 2008 saw Trixie's Treasures moving to the Big Apple sim, which I owned with my partner, Jahman Ochs. In October, 2008 I changed the shop name to Primagine, mainly because I felt I had grown as a buider/designer and wanted to reflect that in the shop name. I'm still creating mainly jewelry and collectibles, such as music boxes and limited edition Fabergé eggs. Due to the economy problems, we sold the Big Apple at the end of the year and as of January, 2009 Primagine is now back on the mainland, this time in Kilmarta.

So where will Primagine go from here? Jewelry is my first love and I'll definitely keep creating that. I'd like to branch out, possibly make some furniture or other collectible items that add that something special to your Second Life. I have a Subscriber system in the shop which you can click to join to keep up on all the news. Most of my items are on XStreet SL and gift cards are available in the shop. Come by and visit us at Primagine!

http://primagine.wordpress.com/

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Kilmarta/209/69/67

No comments:

Post a Comment