Friday, March 20, 2009

Taffy's Designs - Store Bio - Top 10 Q&A


1. Q. :
What is your name & your shop's name?

     A. : Taffy Allandale - Taffy's Designs



2. Q. :
How long has the shop been open?

     A. : I can't really remember when I opened a shop - I have been in my current location since June, 2007. I have had things for sale here -n- there since I started building back in March, 2007.



3. Q. :
What kind of things do you sell in your shop?

     A. : My things include jewelry, poofers, some basic clothing (although that will change - just not very soon), shoes, and I have class tutorials available since I'm also a teacher (formerly at TUi, now at ICE).

     Additionally, I am an authorized representative for Awesome Designs by Julia Soothsayer. Her clothing is, well, simply awesome :) Plus, since I teach so I don't have alot of time to make oodles of things for my shop - but that will change as time goes along. My current priorities are the shop (along with customer service), completing my education, and teaching.

     My best-selling low cost item is a set of 3 different colored metals of Sexy Walk Anklets at $5L - they aren't fancy, but they work well when an AO is a problem since they only cover the walking part. Dancers in SL love them, because they don't have to worry about "AO on/AO off" when leaving/entering the stage. I use mine when my ARC is high and I need to get it down. My other low cost item is a royal blue velor prim skirt set at $10L. Again, it's cute, but it's hardly haute couture. It used to be that new residents couldn't get a decent prim skirt set at $10L unless they lucked into a freebie. I will leave it out though, until I design some really cool clothes.

4. Q. : Do you make everything you sell or do you have a partner you create with?

     A. : Other than the Awesome Designs items (and other re-sell items on the far wall), everything in my shop is mine.



5. Q. :
If you could be known for just one thing, what would that one thing be?

     A. : I would like to be known for making great jewelry and while I may not be there yet - I will be.



6. Q. :
Why did you start/open your business/shop?

     A. : I am a former club dancer - and wanted to get away from that. Not that I think there is anything wrong with it - it wasn't exactly for me. So I started building and decided to put some things (that I modified from classes I took) for sale on my land. THEN, I decided to become a teacher. ㋡
7. Q. : If you had to put a label on your brand, what would it be?

     A. : Oh, wow - I really don't know. The best description right now is --- eclectic or hodge-podge.



8. Q. :
In the future, what can we expect to see coming into your store?

     A. : In the future, you'll see jewelry geared towards kid avies and more shoes. I love shoes; don't get me wrong, the sculpted ones are nice, but since I am not good at making sculpts, I still make them the old-fashioned way - with prims.



9. Q. :
What age group do you gear your items to?

     A. : I would say my things work well for all ages - although, as mentioned previously, I do want to create some things for kid avies - jewelry that they will want to wear - that is affordable, too.
And lastly....

10. Q. :
Do you have an Updates Group? If so, what is the title, or is it a subscription service?

     A. : There is a Subscribe-O-Matic at my shop along with gift cards available (they are only good for items with a single prim vendors).


I'm not sure yet, what my gift will be - but - it will be jewelry - perhaps classic pearls or a chunky, funky bracelet and earrings - I haven't sat down and let inspiration hit me yet - but I can promise, it will be worth the visit. Thank you for this opportunity for people to get to know me.

Here are just a few of my things:






No comments:

Post a Comment