Thursday, March 5, 2009

Absentia - Shop Bio - Top 10 Q&A

1. Q. : What is your name & your shop's name?
     A. : Jupiter Vale, designer and owner of Absentia.


2. Q. :
How long has the shop been open?
     A. : Absentia has gone through several incarnations since I brought the name into SecondLife. We actually started as a nightclub with a theme that can only be described as Industrial Goth Barbie. lol I started piddling with prims, slowly learning by playing with prims here and there. The current incarnation of Absentia is an eclectic mix of things that I find fun and interesting, leaning towards the weird and disturbing a lot of the time. It's been around in its current and permanent state for less than a year.


3. Q. :
What kind of things do you sell in your shop?
     A. : When you walk into Absentia, you get a greeting that says, "Welcome to Absentia... an eclectic experience". It's become a store motto, really. While I lean to the neko/industrial/broken doll items, there are some pretty random things that have made it into the store. I've recently been talked into adding my dance floors to the store. I've also become fascinated by sculpties and scripted menus. Look out, world! hee hee

4. Q. :
Do you make everything you sell or do you have a partner you create with?
     A. : Absentia is me. I learned a long while ago that having a partner is NOT for me. I am too abstract to properly explain my ideas... and too particular about what I'm making to be able to let someone else touch my prims. That said, I have a friend who is new to SL. He gives me a few ideas for interesting things, I make them... and we do a profit split. It's an easy deal as long as no one touches my prims! lol If my name isn't on it, it is not Absentia. Period.


5. Q. :
If you could be known for just one thing, what would that one thing be?
     A. : Just one? You're killin' me here! I would have to say my dolly keys. I have a lot of fun with those!


6. Q. :
Why did you start/open your business/shop?
     A. : I had to open a business. It was either that or continue to make things and let them stack up in my inventory. Wait, I still make things and let them stack in my inventory. heh

7. Q. :
If you had to put a lable on your brand, what would it be?
     A. : I don't supposed you would accept "eclectic" here? No? Gah... how about "Neko-Goth Fusion".


8. Q. :
In the future, what can we expect to see coming into your store?
     A. : Funny you should ask that! I'm in the process of getting some new ankle boots out, some more neko items in the works. Collars and chokers in progress, as well as some arm and leg bands. I have been a creative whirlwind! Curse you, sculpties! Curse you for taking up all of my time! lol



9. Q. :
What age group do you gear your items to?
     A. : Adults... and the broken dolls... erm... where do broken dolls fall in there?



And lastly....


10. Q. :
Do you have an Updates Group? If so, what is the title, or is it a subscription service?
     A. : I have both a group and a scubscribe-o-matic. The group is "Absentia" and is open/free to join. The scubscribe-o-matic is sitting right outside the store. In front of that is a gift box that I randomly update. =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment