Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NEWS: When it rains, it pours!


Well folks, I have been trying and trying to get this blog finished before the hunt. In that I mean get all the gifts that were given me listed, and the bios that were given to me listed. But the last week my internet has been very iffy. Sometimes I'm online, sometimes I'm off for hours. The worst part is when I have no internet connection when I can be online and when I can't be online, it may be working then. So that has made it hard. And yes, I'll be complaining, AGAIN, to my internet provider about it.

Then today just as I was getting some work done, or going to, when suddenly the monitor went black! Nothing there! I was shocked! What was I to do? I tried everything, and I mean everything. I lost some information by just shutting the computer down and rebooting... and I won't give you all the details, but after several calls to Gateway and several WRONG diagnosis's from them, I finally found out, I did, not them, they kept saying it was a hard drive problem, that it was the MONITOR that was dead. Even though the logo was there on start up, for Gateway, I couldn't get the Windows opening screen. Seems my monitor is dead! I found a very old one in my mom's room, it was my old one from 9 years ago, and hooked it up and I have a monitor, so for now I have the net.

So now I'm online with them trying to get a new Service Request number since the monitor should still be under warranty, so I was told at least on the 2nd call I made. It'll take a few weeks to get it straightened out, so till then I'll be using this huge boat anchor. I won't be able to be on it much because it's a bit blurry so too long on it will give me a headache. Thus, my time online is now cut back more.

And with all these excuses come the reason for this message... I'm trying to get things done, regardless of anything getting in the way. But as it is, because of them, it will take me a bit more time to get some of the things done that I was working on. I'll be working later tonight on getting more bios uploaded, especially the photos of the gifts I've been given, and I'll be setting up the numbers for the shops and such as quickly as I can.

We have our extended time set, the full month of April, but right now are sticking to the 100 shops. I have been asked to please allow the final few that applied in, but that is still up in the air, and will be decided later this week. Because the news is that we may not be a "hint" hunt after all. There are a lot of shop owners worried about the fact that hunters are using blogs and cheat scripts and cheat sheets to find the location of the boxes without even taking two minutes to let the place rez. This is supposed to be a fun thing, to allow people to see new places and find new things. So, there is a vote currently for moving the eggs. If this goes through, then we will be allowing shop owners to move the eggs as they please, daily or weekly, but so that the blogs and HUDSs and the sort won't work.

Also, one last thing. If you are blogger or a hunter that makes or uses cheat scripts that seek out the numbered eggs, I'll let you know right now that each egg will have a unique name or number so that using scanners and HUDs and the sort won't work.

All eggs will be hidden in a way that it will take no more then 5-15 minutes to find them. I only say 15 because some people have a harder time at finding things, but our goal will be to have it so that people have to look, but don't have to spend an hour. It will be up to the shop owner, so there may be some shops that opt to put their eggs out in the open. That is up to them.

The one thing I've always said about this hunt is that it is for the business owners to let them show the community what they are capable of. And since it is for them to be able to show their goods and what they can do, it is also up to them to the extent they will hide the eggs. However, they will not be allowed to put out more then one egg and they will not be allowed to hide the egg so hard that you can't find it within a decent amount of time.

There is a group that hunters can join that will have someone monitoring it to help out anyone that is stuck should they get tired of looking at one place and just want to skip to the next one, that will be allowed and this person will have all the LM to get around. "Spring Is In The Air EasterEgg Hunt" is the group name.

FINALLY got the new repair number and a new address, thank goodness they told me that, the other place doesn't do monitors, so I have to get going. Got some photos to take of trees and plants around here while the light is good. ;) Need new stock for the hunts! Hope you all enjoy this hunt and check back to this blog often for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment